Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Someone asked me on New Year's Day if I had any resolutions, and I had to say that I hadn't really thought about it. But now, there are a number of ideas that have made themselves known:
  1. Turn my cell phone on every day, so people can reach me. I used to think that it was a blessing that I could be unreachable when I chose, but I'm beginning to rethink that. My son will be happy about this.
  2. Stop buying vitamins, and further reduce the number of pills I swallow each morning. I keep hearing that vitamins aren't necessary for people with a fairly healthy diet. Should I skip the fish oil, too?
  3. I ought to have a third one, just because two always seems unfinished, but nothing occurs to me yet, so my third resolution is to be satisfied with just two resolutions - ha ha!

3 comments:

  1. you'll be amused, possibly, to know that my resolutions are exactly the opposite:

    1) turn OFF the cell at least once a day and give it a REST!

    2) TAKE MY VITAMINS AND DON'T FORGET THE ONES FOR EYESIGHT!!

    if i manage these two, i'll be doing good...what was #3??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking vitamin D because there is NO light here in the winter, but that's about it.

    Keep taking the fish oil or you may start to rust! ;-)

    I have TWO cell phones - a work one and a personal pay-as-you-go one for going abroad where my work one doesn't go. We get NO cell reception at the house so I don't need to worry about whether they are on or off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH!!!! i just noticed you are reading "The Girl of His Dreams" by Donna Leon...that's a new one to me. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the Commissario Guido Brunetti series!! absolutely wonderful. i can't wait for the sun to come up so i can beetle down to kramerbooks (the cafe opens at 7:30, and you have to walk THROUGH the bookstore!!!) and get my copy! i know i should be going to the LIBRARY for this, now that i'm on my pension, but ha. goddess knows when the library opens here. i worry about germs and cat dander, too, on the library books). one never knows WHO has been reading them!! this is why i still have five boxes of book to open and shelve. troppi libri!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?