Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Poop

Now that I've read two of the Agatha Raisin mysteries by M.C. Beaton, I'm reminded of how much fun it is to read about nasty people. Vicarious pleasure, I'm sure. Agatha has been described as "Miss Marple, on a bad day."

When I started first grade, my family moved to a small house (large - to a 6-yr-old) in Bismarck, ND. My next youngest sister and I shared a room and a double bed, which allowed us to entertain ourselves in whispers after lights out with stories. Using the naughtiest word we knew, we named our very favorite story heroine, "Little Poop." She did all the things we wished we could get away with, but never could - calling the mean neighbor bad names, peeing in the alley so she wouldn't lose her turn in a game, etc. If the story got really good, our giggling got out of hand and one of our parents would start warning us to cut it out - or else. Sometimes we got the "or else," but those stories were great fun. It makes me smile to remember.

3 comments:

  1. You guys must have moved from Bismarck before we got there. I don't remember you living there. I bet you had your first communion at Corpus Christi just like I did.

    You and I know that sharing a room (or even a bed) with your sister didn't lend itself to quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, we lived on the east side of the state Capitol grounds and went to St. Mary's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute game and funny name! *laughing* Love, H

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?