Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Am Introduced to J.A. Jance

J.A. Jance, prolific mystery writer, is coming to my library in December. She's been writing mysteries for more than 20 years, but I haven't read any of them yet. Starting with a series about J.P. Beaumont, a recovering alcoholic and retired Seattle detective, she then went on to write another series about Joanna Brady, single mother and rural Arizona sheriff. My office partner is one of her fans and was excited to find out that Jance has combined these two series by putting Brady and Beaumont in the same book. And she has started a third series about Ali Reynolds, an over-the-hill tv newscaster with a marriage on the rocks who goes back to her small Arizona hometown to figure out what to do next, blogging all the way.

I've set myself a project to read at least the first book in each series before that author shows up here. Only the first book for the Ali Reynolds' series was available at the time, so I'm starting with that one. Now that I've spent a little time in urban Arizona, it will be fun to read about the rural part.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed two of Jance's books now since your post appeared--one featuring the Arizona sheriff, and another, the Seattle detective. Bisbee, AZ, and Seattle, WA, don't compare with Venice, so Donna Leon's position on my list of favorite mystery writers is secure. But Jance is a fine writer. She can wrangle a large group of characters, which makes for an absorbing book. Prolific, too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?