Sunday, May 10, 2009

Honey Mustard Salmon, Part 2

Although I thought the recipe sounded simple enough, it turned out to be another case of not having all the basic ingredients. After I realized I didn't have any coarse mustard, I just couldn't bring myself to use the yellow hotdog stuff. A frantic call to my husband to see if he was on his way home and near a grocery store (I lucked out) saved the day.

We have a handy dandy George Foreman electric grill. It's the big daddy of the line and I really have come to love it. I pulled it out of the garage to the driveway, plugged it in and let it heat for 10 minutes. The salmon fillets, bathed in honey mustard sauce, cooked in just a few minutes - and were darn good! Wish I had had some fresh dill, but the dried version was ok. Next time, the works!

3 comments:

  1. sounds fabulous! several years ago i bought a littler george foreman just to cook salmon. but i didn't like the cleanup (i.e., it wouldn't. clean up, that is). have never seen a BIG george foreman grill.

    and i take it you plan to plant dill in your yard somewhere?? my mother always had a big tall batch of dill out by the garage for making PICKLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saaay....i noticed on your side bar that you are now into the L's of the Chicago Encyclopedia. tht means you've been all the way through the G's....anything on Andrew Greeley????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, he didn't make the cut. Also, little has been heard about him around here since his terrible accident and head injury.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?