Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mary is 109 today!


Today is a great day - Mary is 109 years old and she knows it! I congratulated her this morning on reaching 109 and told her that she will have visitors today. On anyone's birthday, she has always asked the person how they feel about being that old, so today I asked her. She said she doesn't know how she feels about being 109, then she thanked me for coming to see her.

Her spirit is still strong on her good days, and today is one of them. It is a blessing to know her.

3 comments:

  1. She's looking great! Happy Birthday Grandma Mary! I'm pleased she had a good day for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. publish dan's email! I like her story about driving a team of horses when she was NINE!! a hunnert years ago. golly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's got a million of those stories. Will see if he wants to publish here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?