Friday, December 12, 2008

Poisoned Politics and Paranoia


Is there anyone in the world who doesn't know that the esteemed governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich (we all learned how to say and spell that one years ago), is in the hot seat for allegedly attempting to auction off the vacant Senate seat of the President-elect? People I know tell me that their friends and relatives from around the world (!) have been asking them about it this week. How come my distant family and friends are all strangely silent? The local family members have been heehawing and congratulating each other that the end is in sight!

All the talk of wiretaps and secret surveillance have added to my paranoia, however. Especially after I read this post on the Top 10 Tips for Avoiding ID Theft. I do use "remember me" on my library account login, but who cares? I don't do it on the important stuff. And I certainly don't walk around with my S.S. card. But who would have thought that you should keep your hotel key card and shred it when you get home? Or remove and destroy an old computer's hard drive - not just erase it? Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?