Friday, November 14, 2008

Amazing Recipe: 3 Ingredients + 3 Minutes!

I just finished reading the cookbook, The Food You Crave, by Ellie Krieger. I found a half dozen recipes worth copying, but one was perfect: Maple-Glazed Walnuts. I made some for a friend who gave me a ride to a weekend seminar. We ate them there, and when several people asked, I was able to rattle off the recipe without looking - so simple!

2 cups walnut halves (no chopping!)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/8 t. salt

Cook walnuts, salt, and maple syrup in a heavy skillet over med. high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the syrup bubbles and is almost all absorbed by the nuts. Turn out onto some waxed paper, breaking up any clumps. Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container. Eat as is, or sprinkle on salads, mashed sweet potatoes, etc. This has Christmas gift written all over it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am trying this one for sure!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds very good! i love walnuts and maple syrup. never had them together, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm going to make those tonight...

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?