Monday, June 13, 2011

Blackened Zucchini a la Calabrese

Today I had 3 very nice organic zucchini in my fridge. I decided to make Blackened Zucchini the way my sister tells me her family likes them. Using Grandma's heirloom cast iron skillet, I let the zucchini and some chopped onion sizzle without disturbance while I made some spaghetti sauce out of my last two pints of canned tomatoes from last summer's garden (wiping knuckles on lapel of t-shirt and blowing on them). I figured this was blackened enough, but I'll have to hear from the source to know for sure. They were good! Not mushy like zucchini can get if cooked too long at low temp.

3 comments:

  1. These look good Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I LOVE zucchini now that I've learned not to let them grow to the size of an adult otter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turns out that the source said that this is not nearly black enough! When she makes it, it is really dark and IS very soft, but with that blackened crunch on the surface that makes it extra delish.
    Maj. Reader

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?