Saturday, January 9, 2010

BBC Period Drama Fans, Rejoice!

I'm looking at our local PBS station program schedule for January and see that there will be a 2-part update to "Cranford" starting tomorrow night! Judi Dench will be back as one of the Cranford ladies. I really enjoyed watching Cranford a year and a half ago (see my post about that), and will be glad to see Judi Dench back as one of the Cranford ladies.

And to make Sunday evenings in January even better, a new BBC production of Jane Austen's Emma will take up the last 2 Sunday nights on Masterpiece Classic. I don't recognize any of the actors' names in this new version, but that's good since I won't have any expectations for them. I was surprised to see that the actor who will play Mr. Knightley is named Jonny Lee Miller. Sounds like a good ol' boy, instead of a Brit with an uppercrust accent. Don't disappoint me, Jonny Lee!

3 comments:

  1. I have dear old Pride & Prejudice on a DVD set (the Colin Firth version) somewhere in the house. I suspect that somebody might have hidden it. Now that we've got all this cold n snowy weather, I have the time to watch it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that one is the gold standard of P&P versions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the attraction of colin firth? even in closeups, he seems far away.

    but enjoy your programs, ladies! used to be the big excitement for january was the arrival of the SEED CATALOGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?