Thursday, June 11, 2009

Really Interesting Book

Outliers: The Story of Success is one of the most interesting books that I've read in a long time. Here are some of the questions Gladwell asks:
  • Why are people born in the first 3 months of the year generally more successful in life than the rest of us? ("Successful" meaning able to accomplish more in a field of endeavor.)
  • Why are men from southern states less able to tolerate aggressive behavior from others than northern men?
  • Why was it really dangerous to fly on any Asian airline flight until only a few years ago?
His curious answers to these questions kept me glued to the book. It's too late to change some of the decisions I made for my children when they were little, but I definitely would have done some things differently had I read this then.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this and been curious. Now I'll,,,tada,,,go to the liberry and get a copy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Will have to read it!

    H

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?